|A crate should be a place your dog feels safe in. *Never Leave Two Dogs in a Crate Though :) *|
Leaving your dogs at home:
- Always Have one Crate or Kennel per Dog
- Never Leave a Puppy free to Roam your Home
- Make Sure All Animals are Safe Before you Leave.
- Only One Dog Loose at a Time.
Just because your dogs love each other when you are home and supervising them, does not mean that those same dogs will be just as harmonious when you are not there. Better Safe then Sorry.
A handy checklist that we use when we leave is this:
- Make sure Crate Bedding is Clean and Comfortable
- Let Dogs out to Potty and Drink Some Water
- Put Dogs in Their Crates
- Make sure there is Nothing they can Pull into Their Crate *cords near crates should be moved so that bored dogs can not chew on them*
- Gather Kongs, Fill and stuff them with Peanut Butter and Treats, Hand them out to crated dogs and one for the uncrated dog should you have one.
- Make sure the Cat is in the Bathroom with fresh food and the door is closed.
- Make sure there is nothing on the counter or table that uncrated dog may try and eat
Stay Safe, Stay Happy and Stay Responsible.